When looking for online poker sites you have to find the ones that are right for you. Here’s a few tips when looking for a site:
- – Find one that has a free trial period or offers you some free incentive. That way you can get to try out the place before committing to regular payments or subscriptions.
- – Stay away from scams that promise an easy way to ‘beat the system’. The only way they beat the system is by getting you to give you their money instead to all the genuine poker sites.
- – Get yourself to a listing site that gives up to date reviews and details of events giving you an idea of which sites are still being played at.
Online poker has been around since the late 1990’s but it is really in the last six or so years that its popularity has soared. TV tournaments have helped to promote the game as well as many celebrities now being seen taking part. But it is online where you can play for free or for real money that the real money is at.
You can play at most of the online poker sites via the Net, as most of them now offer the convenience of depositing and withdrawing money into your bank account so that’s quite an easy thing to do. The games are also a lot softer than they are at the poker rooms and you can often find a table waiting for you when you have the right reputation and level of play.
Almost all the online poker sites offer levels of play depending on the time you want to spend on your poker.
You can play for short as well as long periods and if you get bored you can quit and come back a different time.
More than likely you are going to be playing for real money so it’s important that you know how to play the game. You can learn quite a lot about the game from re-reading the information pages of sites or you can read the excellent information pages of some of the best poker books.
- It is not difficult to find the best poker books, you just have to scan the title first. titles that fit the general description of the book, like ‘a good poker book for beginners’. Those books do contain often quite useful information and do advise in a lot of detail, examples and outline of the poker rules and strategies, as well as the art of poker.
- You can also get lots of information from excellent poker forums. These forums contain a wealth of useful information and many people worth their salt are willing to talk poker and answer questions.
- If you try to start your own poker room than you will need a lot of poker supplies, actually you will probably need a lot of things to keep track of and record, it is hard to remember everything after having a few drinks, so if you record everything when you are not playing than you will remember less and less the more you play.
- A lot of the sites also offer free poker books and courses such as the famed “Harrington on Hold’em” which is considered by many to be the ultimate book on the subject. If you think you don’t have enough time to read a book, you can get the same amount of information from the internet, check out “online articles, news letters and magazines” for extra credit reading material plus poker site news and strategy articles to give you an edge over other players.
- A good poker site will offer you a lot of strategy articles and videos to help you learn the game of poker better. You will also find articles about the game from other experts as well from poker websites and poker community forums.
You can also watch live poker tournaments on television to learn the game before playing in casinos. There are many tournaments offered on television by live online poker sites and you can see the hands that players are playing as they make their moves.
These sites offer you a lot of additional support and information. In one instance, while watching a tournament you can see your opponent reading a poker book as they play on television.
Watching poker being played on television is a bit of fun. You can learn a lot about the game from the players themselves, and their opponents, in turn. Have fun watching and learning!